Changing your furnace might seem a daunting task- and an expensive one as well. It might charge you more, but the benefits of a furnace replacement far outweigh the cost. You might have to change your furnace sooner or later. It is a necessity for every homeowner. If you keep repairing your furnace constantly, a day might come when the required parts aren’t even available. So it is better to take the leap and replace it than repent later.
Signs That Suggest You Need Furnace Replacement
However, what are the signs that you need to replace your furnace? How do you know that it is high time to get it done? Well, we are here to let you know that!
- Increasing utility bills: If you encounter a sudden increase in your utility bills, the chances are that it is due to your furnace getting older. Your utility bills can increase due to a price change, but they shouldn’t change a lot solely because of that reason. If your bills are higher than the past year comparatively, then it is definitely due to your furnace getting older by the year. Try to get it replaced as soon as possible, as it will lower your utility bills. Moreover, a newer model will be more efficient and economically sound.
- Age of the furnace: If your furnace is older than 15-20 years, you should get ready to replace it immediately. A furnace’s average life expectancy is 15-20 years, and any point beyond that will make it too expensive to maintain. If your furnace has a pilot light, then it is fairly old. It should be replaced with a model that has an electronic light, and which is much more efficient. Consult our furnace service in Tacoma team for updates on the newest models.
- The uneven temperature in the house: Older furnaces might have trouble maintaining stable air quality throughout. At some point, the air might be too hot, while at the other, it might be too cold. It might also lead to some rooms getting unnecessarily cold. However, before replacing it, look at the ductwork and insulation as well. It might also be a signal for our furnace tune-up in Tacoma to have a look!
- Unusual or Strange noises: Noises like banging, rattling, and popping signify something wrong with your furnace. These sounds might be due to broken parts and improper lubrication of gas buildup. In either case, all of these issues are dangerous. They can harm your furnace in the long run and are most probably caused due to old age. Moreover, they can also cause serious health hazards in the family. So, a furnace replacement is due here for your safety.
- Dirty house or dirty air: Old furnaces cannot cleanse the air properly. They have trouble humidifying the air, which the newer models perform effortlessly. Older furnaces might give out dirty air, which is harmful to your family’s health and if anyone has allergies.
These issues portray how vital it is to replace your old furnace. Your old furnace might cause several problems in your house that should be best avoided. The quality of air that a newer model offers is unparalleled, so think of that and contact our furnace tune-up Tacoma team for consultations! We also have a competent heat pump repair in Tacoma, WA team to solve your heat pump queries!
For more details and estimates, contact Rainier Heating & Cooling via phone at (253) 600-2758 or visit our website today!