When you call us for AC repair in Federal Way, we may find that your air conditioner doesn’t seem to fit quite right. It’s not an uncommon problem. Many people choose air conditioners that are too small or too large for their homes, which can cause all sorts of problems. And an oversized air conditioner can be just as big of a problem as a too-small one.
At Rainier Heating & Cooling, when you need an installation or replacement, we will ensure the size of your air conditioner is perfectly suited to your home and your needs.
Why is it Necessary to Install Air Conditioners Having the Correct Size?
It is essential to install the correct size air conditioner because an incorrectly sized unit will not be able to sufficiently cold your home. If your AC unit is too small, it will have to work much harder to cool your home, which will cause it to wear out more quickly. And if your unit is too large, it will cool your home so quickly that it will cycle on and off too frequently, which can also cause damage to the unit.
So how do you know if you have an incorrectly sized air conditioner at home? There are a few telltale signs:
- Your energy bills are higher than normal: If your AC is too small, which will increase your energy bills. Conversely, if your air conditioner is too large, it will cycle on and off frequently, also leading to higher energy bills.
- Your home is never quite comfortable: If your air conditioner is the wrong size, it won’t be able to maintain a consistent temperature in your home. You may find that your home is too hot in some rooms and too cold in others.
- Your air conditioner is making strange sounds: If your air conditioner is cycling on and off too frequently, it may make strange sounds, such as banging or clicking. This is a sign that the unit is too large for your home.
- Your air conditioner isn’t lasting as long as it should: If your air conditioner is too small, it will have to work hard to cool your home, and it will wear out more quickly. Conversely, if your air conditioner is too large, it will cycle on and off too frequently, which can also cause damage to the unit.
If you notice any of these signs, it’s time to call in a professional for AC replacement in Federal Way. The experts at Rainier Heating & Cooling will be able to help you choose the right air conditioner for your house and ensure that it is properly installed. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.
What Should Be The Appropriate Size?
There are a few factors to consider:
- The size of your house: The larger your home, the high cooling capacity you will need.
- The number of rooms: The more rooms in your home, the more cooling capacity you will need.
- The number of member in your home: The more people in your home, the more cooling capacity you will need.
- The amount of sunlight your home gets: The more sunlight your home gets, the more cooling capacity you will need.
- Your insulation: The better insulated your home is, the less cooling capacity you will need.
These are just a few of the factors to consider when choosing an air conditioner. You’ll also need to consider the climate in your area, the type of air conditioner you want, and your budget.
If you need help narrowing down the best unit for your home, contact our team at Rainier Heating & Cooling today! We can help you found the perfect unit when you need air conditioner installation in Puyallup.
Request an estimate or call us at (253) 600-2758 to book an appointment!