How Does a Furnace System Work? The Various Elements Of A Furnace And How They Work
Aren’t we all aware of the significance of furnaces in the winter? It’s as though our lives would be incomplete if we didn’t have a furnace at home. But have you ever wondered what goes on inside a furnace? Or, do you know how it works?
To maintain your furnace efficiently, you should be aware of how it works and what all its components are. Well, don’t stress because you’ll get to know everything about the working of a furnace here in this post.
Why Does One Need a Furnace?
As you may know, a furnace is a heating system that generates and circulates hot air throughout your home. People prefer to get a furnace installed before the winters to have a slightly toasty environment inside their homes despite the frigid exteriors.
Components of a Furnace
These are the six core components of a furnace that you should be aware of:
- Gas valve
- Heat exchanger
- Air ducts
Working of a Furnace: Basics
Now that you’re aware of the main components of a furnace, this is how a typical furnace works:
- The thermostat first measures the temperature of the air around it.
- Then, it sends a signal to the furnace to switch on when it detects an air temperature lower than what it has been programmed to regulate.
- When the furnace receives the signal from the thermostat, it will draw air in, heat it, and then distribute it around your home via the duct system.
Let’s Understand The Working of a Furnace With An Example
Assume your thermostat is set to 22 ° C. As a result, the thermostat will manage the air temperature by turning on the furnace when the temperature falls below the set point.
- It starts with a signal received by the thermostat.
- After that, fuel is delivered to the burners.
- Once ignited, the furnace’s internal sensors check to make sure all burners are lit; if one isn’t, the entire system will shut down and wait a predetermined amount of time before attempting to relight.
- The burners heat a device known as a heat exchanger, which warms air more efficiently compared to the burners on their own.
- The blower motor is activated to circulate air through the heat exchanger once the heat exchanger has attained its operational temperature, exchanging air that has been pulled in through the cold air that returns.
- This air is blown over and passed through the heat exchanger before being distributed throughout the house.
- The air is directed throughout the house by a network of ducts.
Contact Rainier Heating & Cooling To Know More About Furnaces!
You must have a basic understanding of how a furnace works up to this point. That means now you know how to keep your furnace in good working order.
Well, if you have any other concerns about your furnace repair in Tacoma, do not hesitate to contact Rainier Heating & Cooling. We, at Rainier Heating and Cooling, offer the best HVAC services. So, if you have any doubts related to your HVAC system, contact us at 253-363-6912 or mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.